Saturday, October 31, 2009

Coloring in a Line Drawing- Christmas Bear

I dug this out of the archives of my drawings and colored it all digitally. It had been scanned in a while back before I knew to scan it at a higher resolution but the lines seem to have held up pretty well considering. I didn't want to spend the time re-drawing the outline. Since right now my concentration is on learning to color digitally, I'm not going to worry about that. I'll be doing this with several older drawings.

I know it's a bit early to be thinking about Christmas, or is it? Maybe next month I'll work on something fall-ish. :)

It's not completely the look and feel I'm after but I'm still working on it. Learning the brushes and how to tweak them to get the same effect digitally that I do with traditional medium is a few months away, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. It definitely is more convenient.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...